The housing has been rewired, and is at last
finished! (although we are still waiting for the bulbs we ordered two
weeks ago) Our attention now turns to the throttle controller as we found that
the spring which operated the 'deadmans' control had detached from the body. So
it has been stripped down and is being cleaned.
Outside, the timber on which 50211's cab will stand while it is being restored has been
delivered. The cab will be moved as soon as ground conditions
Since the last post, the housing has had two coats
of primer, undercoat and gloss, white on the inside and black outside. The bulb
holders have been stripped down, cleaned and repaired. We have replaced all the
nuts and bolts for brass or stainless steel ones. Hopefully it will be OK for
another 55 years!